The year 2020 started with outstanding tropospheric VHF propagation here in southern Germany. For the first time I was able to copy the VHF beacon GB3NGI from Northern Irland at a stunning distance of 1300km. Read more about this great opening and listen to the audio recording I made.
The ST-Link/v2 is an in-circuit debugger and programmer for the STM32 and STM8 micro controller families. Due to it’s capabilities, it is an extremely popular device and clones are available from your preferred chinese trading platform for less than 5 Euro. I recently ordered a few of these cheap ST-Link/v2 clones for a new project. However making them work was pretty frustrating. Read on to learn about the problem, the symptoms and the (super) easy fix.
Both ICOM radios, the IC7300 and the IC9700 allow a variable transmission (TX) delay. This comes in handy if external peripherals like amplifiers and / or pre-amplifiers are used. These devices often have slow mechanical relays. It is good practice to wait until the complete transmission chain is ready before RF is applied. Out of curiosity, I measured and verified the adjustable tx delay on both radios.
Earlier this year, Github released their workflow automation tool Actions. Github claims to provide nothing less than world class CI/CD with Actions. After it’s release in Autumn 2019, I took the chance and migrated the multi-stage CI Pipeline of remoteAudio to Github Actions.
One of Golang’s strength is that it supports cross compiling to literally any common Operating System and CPU architecture out of the box. However that’s only true for projects written in pure Go. Normally that’s not a problem, but sometimes we depend on 3rd-party C libraries… and that’s when things tend to get complicated.
In this post I will explain how you can cross compile your cgo project for multiple operating systems and architectures in a clear and structured manner.
I recently bought two Diamond MX-2000N triplexors because at my current place I only have space for one RF cable from the shack to the roof. The idea is to have one triplexor in the shack and another one below the antennas. Before installing the triplexors I decided to bring them on the bench and check if the claimed performance is met by the devices.
Recently my Yaesu FT857 became deaf. It turned out that the plastic enclosure of the FT857 filters over time consensated moisture which ruined the filters. In this post I’ll show you how I replaced the filters and brought the radio back to life.
- OLDER POSTS
- page 1 of 8